4/12/16

A Painful Truth - by B.A. Spangler

My Rating: 4 Stars

A Painful Truth is the second book in a three book series - An Affair with Murder, by B.A. Spangler. The first book in the series is Killing Katie.

Amy is a wife and a mother. She could be your next door neighbor, your sister, your wife,  or your best friend. But Amy has a secret. She is a killer. Most little girls play dress up but Amy plans how to kill her best friend.

A Painful Truth picks up a few months after Killing Katie left off. Both books are told from Amy's point of view. It is a really good second book and does not have that book in the middle feel to it. I was on the edge of my seat reading this and cringing with my heart racing at the decisions Amy makes. I didn't want to see anything bad happen to Amy. Don't get me wrong, she is a killer but she is someone you could see your self being friends with. I was really surprised by the ending, which is unusual for me. It wasn't what I expected. I am looking forward to seeing how Amy's journey ends in book 3.

Book 2 could probably be read as a stand alone book but I don't think the reader would enjoy it as much. There is some background information from book 1 that is important to the story so I highly recommend reading Killing Katie first.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.




Description:


About the Author:

B.A. Spangler

A husband, father and a quiet engineer; at least that's what he thought he was. Turns out there's a writer trapped within that engineer's brain! Slowly but surely, B.A. Spangler has dug his inner writer out--one genre at a time. He's a bestselling author of Contemporary Fiction, and dabbles in Crime Thrillers, and even wrote a few Supernatural Suspense... a very interesting mix of genres, with more yet to come.

Originally born in Philadelphia--as one-half of a set of twins--he now resides in Virginia with his wife and two children (also twins!). And adding to the family are three cats, a parrot, lizard, mouse, chinchilla and the occasional random scary creatures who visit late at night, as wild, scary animals are apt to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!