1/9/17

Little Heaven - by Nick Cutter

So I basically cut my teeth on Stephen King, John Saul, and Dean Koontz back in the day. It is difficult to find some good horror novels especially ones that bring me back to those favorites I read in the 80's. I think I found just that in Nick Cutter's Little Heaven.

Three pay-for-hire types take a simple job, check on a woman's nephew whose father has taken him to live in a sanctuary in the middle of no where called Little Heaven. We all know that nothing is ever simple.

I was expecting your typical slasher type horror story but I got something better. There is actually some decent character development and the story takes you full circle.

Little Heaven is the first Nick Cutter book I have read and it won't be my last. I was pleasantly surprised at how Little Heaven brought me back to my youth and 80's horror fiction and how much I miss those old familiar books. There were a few places that I found my attention wandering but overall I quite I enjoyed the story and the path it took. Anyone who is a fan of 80's horror and Stephen King will want to read this book.





I received a copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!